- The flat tared space on the oval was cleared of debris and blown clean ensuring a safe place to play,
- Pathways in the top playground were blown clear of nuts and leaves preventing any slips or falls
- The amphitheatre area outside the 3/4 classrooms has been renovated and will be enjoyed by students during their play times. A special thanks to the FORPS team for their fundraising that enabled the purchase of timbers and equipment necessary for the restoration of this area.
- Mulch from the lower playground was collected and redistributed around drop zones to ensure the safety of students on the play equipment.
- branches and bushes were pruned.
A special thanks to the super hero families that shared their powers with us on Saturday morning to help transform our school. Their achievements will be on display as you walk through our grounds.
If you opened the door into Prep S on Friday and you would have caught them learning about persistence. This values lesson began with the reading of Oliver Jeffers' book 'Stuck'. Students were amazed at not only how many things could become stuck in a tree but also the attitude of a small boy who continue to throw items up into the tree in order to dislodge his kite. Everyone agreed that the boy was a great example of someone who kept on trying.
Students had a go at demonstrating persistence as they tore and cut strips of paper in order to make the longest piece of continuous paper. With a few tips along the way (it's can be important to listen to others when we find ourselves persisting) students were amazed at how their lengths of paper grew!
This week parents are invited to log into Compass, our new online student management software package. A Parent Invitational Letter with a temporary username and password will be sent home. Detailed instructions will support parents through the logging in process.
Any parents who may experience any difficulties in registering are invited to come to the 4/5/6 Area on Monday 15th May to receive support.
There are a number of parent modules available in Compass and the school will be introducing these over time. There are however, some services which we will be making available to you immediately. These include;
Greetings to our Rosanna Primary Website. Please feel free to meander through this reflection of our community. Visit our class blogs and comment on their great learning.