Any parents who may experience any difficulties in registering are invited to come to the 4/5/6 Area on Monday 15th May to receive support.
There are a number of parent modules available in Compass and the school will be introducing these over time. There are however, some services which we will be making available to you immediately. These include;
- The ability to update personal information such as addresses, email addresses and mobile phone numbers. Changes of personal details are automatically forwarded to the school so our central records can be updated.
- A News Feed will provide you with information specific to your child’s class, learning area or relevant to the whole school.
- If you download the ‘Compass Manager App’ on Android or Apple mobile devices you will receive notifications prompting additions to important newsfeed items. If you do not have the app you will receive an email. You may choose to login to Compass via the online portal with your desktop or laptop.
- Your child’s attendance can be viewed online. You can notify the school of absences quickly and easily.
- Parents can email their child’s teacher directly. It is noted that appropriate protocols for such emails include;
- The use of email to teachers will assist families with simple matters that need to be communicated.
- Teachers may not have time to read emails during the school day, so please don’t expect them to be read or responded immediately.
- Teachers will not be available via email in the evenings, weekends or during the school holidays. It is noted that our part time staff will only be working their allocated days.
- Teachers will email parents with reminders and news from the classroom.
- Any urgent matters will still require a phone call to the Office.
- A calendar of events relevant for each child will provide you with a clear picture of upcoming events.
- At the conclusion of this term, your child’s Semester Report will be made available to you through Compass. You will also have access to your child’s 2016 reports.